Apply an inquiry-based approach in which students will be exposed to the scientific method.
Address the larger view of science:
- Explore what constitutes a scientific theory.
- Provide students with the opportunity to engage in scientific hypothesis testing in the laboratory.
- Examine the writings of scientists and their humanist contemporaries about the worldview that science provides.
Courses will focus on the process of discovery:
- Will be used to teach the basic principles of science.
- Will be studied from a historical perspective.
- Will be used to discuss the design process.