Write the following text on the front cover of your homework assignment and sign it. If the text is missing, 20 points will be subtracted from your homework grade.
- Chapter 3, Problem 7 (page 81).
- Chapter 3, Problem 14 (page 82).
- Chapter 3, Problem 19 (page 82).
- Chapter 3, Problem 20 (page 83).
- Chapter 3, Problem 25 (page 83).
- Use Mathematica to make graphs of the de Broglie wavelength as function
of the kinetic energy (in units of MeV) for electrons and neutrons. Plot
the wavelength for each particle for two different assumptions:
- Assume that the linear momentum p is given by the non-relativistic
expression p = mv and the kinetic energy is given
by K = mv^2/2.
- Assume that the linear momentum p is obtained from the
and the kinetic energy is equal to E – mc^2.
what kinetic energy will the difference in the wavelengths calculated
using assumption a) and b) be 1%?
In order to receive the extra credit, you should create a Mathematica
Notebook, showing on the relevant calculations and graphs, and submit
it electronically to Prof. Wolfs at email@example.com. The
name of the file should be hw03p06XXYYYYYYYY.nb where XX are your
initials and YYYYYYYY is your student id number. The subject
of the email should start with hw03p06XXYYYYYYYY.
Last updated on
Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:29